Embrace TherapyWhat We Do Best
Offering effective approaches to meet your needs
At Embrace Therapy, I offer a variety of services to best meet you or your child’s needs.
At Embrace Therapy, I offer a variety of services to best meet you or your child’s needs. I provide child and family therapy, parent coaching, child therapy, adolescent therapy, young adult therapy, and family therapy. In determining the best fit for you, I will assess you or your child’s specific circumstances, needs, and challenges and develop a treatment plan accordingly. I incorporate numerous therapeutic approaches in my practice.
Child and family therapy
Individual child and adolescent therapy
Young adult therapy
Child and Adolescent Individual Therapy
- Mindfulness- Actively noticing your mind and body in the present moment. Carefully observe thoughts and feelings without passing judgment on them.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)- Learn to use mindfulness to promote behaviors that are in line with personal values. Observe thoughts, feelings, sensations, and memories that interfere with these values.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)- Take a goal-oriented, practical, and problem-solving approach. Focus on thoughts, feelings, attitudes, and coping mechanisms, and work on reframing them in order to change behaviors.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)- Employ mindfulness skills to work toward managing challenging emotions and become more effective at handling moments of distress. Improve communication and strengthen relations with others while maintaining self-respect.
Child and Family Therapy
- Parent-Child Interactive Therapy- Use play to address disruptive behavioral problems ranging from talking back to acts of aggression. Parents receive coaching on how to effectively discipline their children and promote appropriate play.
- Play Therapy- Engage in play as a vehicle through which to help a child explore life events such as trauma, abuse, parents separating, or other issues that may have a bearing on current circumstances. Children can learn to better communicate their thoughts and emotions and work on personal growth.
- Family-Based Therapy (also known as Family Focused Therapy or Family Systems Therapy)- Work on changing relationships within your family to better address challenges. Examine the way family members interact, improve the functioning of the family as a unit, and address the role each individual plays, thereby enhancing communication and reducing conflict.
- Parent Guidance- Private and personalized sessions for parents. Learn techniques and receive coaching to address the specific needs of your family.
At Embrace Therapy, I take a variety of well-established approaches to meet you or your child’s needs.
Contact Me Today!
61 Avenida de Orinda, Ste 110
Orinda, CA 94563